Are you having trouble communicating with your partner? Do you feel that your partner is avoiding having a conversation with you? Are you afraid of talking to your partner about your relationship? Are you constantly arguing with your partner about finances? Marriage counseling or couples counseling, is focused on helping couples, married or not married, recognize and be able to resolve conflicts ultimately improving the relationship. Couples counseling gives the effective tools to communicate better, negotiate differences, problem solve and even “fight” in a healthier way.
Problems such as illness, infidelity, sex, anger, and communication can contribute to the stress level in marriages and other relationships. Through couples counseling you can learn to resolve conflicts and heal wounds from the past.
What is PREPARE/ENRICH?
PREPARE/ENRICH is a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple’s strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used Programs for premarital counseling and premarital education. But there are also customized versions of the inventory used for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement. Based on a couple’s assessment results, a trained facilitator provides 4-8 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventories?
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on the circumplex model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Who uses PREPARE/ENRICH?
The inventories have been utilized by over 100,000 trained clergy members, professional counselors, mentors, and marriage educators throughout the U.S.
Over 3 million couples have taken a PREPARE/ENRICH inventory and worked through their results under the guidance of one of our trained facilitators.