On average, Americans receive 13 vacation days per year. A recent study shows that over 50% of us have unused vacation time at the end of the year. So why don’t we use our vacation days? Most of us leave vacation days on the table because we feel we have too much work or can’t afford to travel. A recent research study might just change your mind.
The study conducted by experts in psychotherapy and health care show that vacations can help us to live longer and increase our libido in the process. Each of the couples showed increases in energy levels and experienced upswings in their mood. In addition to the emotional changes, the couples showed physical changes as well including decreases in blood pressure and improvement in “waist-hip ratios:”.
The study also showed that time away for a couple can strengthen their relationship which in turns increases their sex drive.
So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, what can you do to put this research to the test?
- Vacation in Your Hometown – Take the opportunity to spend the night or weekend in a nice hotel and explore your town. There are so many things to do in your own town that are often overlooked. Check out your city’s visitor’s bureau or vacation website to get some ideas.
- “Borrow” a Vacation Home – Talk to a friend or family member who might have a beach house or a mountain home to see if you could borrow it for the weekend. You will be away from home and will be able to spend some time reconnecting with your lover.
- Check out “Last Minute Deals” – There are several websites that offer deals on last minute travel. Here are just a few;
So are you ready to spend some time with the one you love and increase your physical and sexual health at the same time? Your relationship and your health can use the vacation.
Latest posts by Marta Rocha (see all)
- - February 1, 2015
- The Science of Love -1 - February 1, 2015
- It is difficult to talk to my partner. How do I get my partner to open up? - February 1, 2015