When you think of Self Love, the first word that may pop into your mind is “selfishness”. Someone who loves themselves is not automatically considered conceited or stuck up. Taking care of yourself is very important for your own good and the good of others. If you are not properly taking care of your own needs then how can you address to the needs of others?
Obesity and Self Love. You may wonder how these two go together but obesity has been a growing problem in Western society. Stress, Depression, Low Self-Esteem, and our hectic lifestyle these days can all be leading causes of obesity. Working all day and having to take care of the family gives little time to prepare healthy meals most think. Then the stress associated with all this hectic doesn’t make it any easier. Stress and Depression are the major excuses for indulging in certain foods that are considered “unhealthy” or “special treats”.
How Your Thinking Can Lead You Astray
It’s time to start take action and not let your mind take control of yourselves. You can make all the excuses you want of why you are “allowed” to eat a certain type of food but you for sure know that food will not make you feel better or make the stress and hurt go away.
Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself:
Think of exactly why you want to eat this food.
Are you really hungry? Or are you upset, stressed, moody?
Is this really going to be any good for my body?
If you are on a diet and break it for whatever reason, do not be beat about it, get right back on track with where you left off. Remember that we are all human and make mistakes.
Steps to a Healthier You
- Begin a Diet and Exercise Program
- Motivate Yourself
- List the reasons of why you want to lose weight
- Keep Positive Thoughts
- Learn the Difference between Hunger, Desire and Cravings
- Hunger-you haven’t eaten for a few hours and your stomach feels empty
- Desire-your stomach feels reasonably comfortable but you just FEEL like eating
- Craving-you have a strong urge to eat a particular food with a sensation in your mouth, throat or body
Latest posts by Marta Rocha (see all)
- - February 1, 2015
- The Science of Love -1 - February 1, 2015
- It is difficult to talk to my partner. How do I get my partner to open up? - February 1, 2015